July 10, 2015

How I Edit My Instagram Photos

Hi guys! Today I'm sharing how I edit my Instagram photos. I think these are really fun posts to read because it's so behind-the-scenes and interesting to know how people get their photos Instagram-worthy. I am not the best at getting things to look aesthetically pleasing and I don't even post as much as most bloggers, but I am trying to get better at that. I think right now in my life if I took a picture every day, my Insta feed would feature a lot of me typing blog posts at my computer and grocery store runs.


So to get on into it, there are three apps total that I use to edit my Instagram photos. VSCOcam, InstaVogue, and Instagram.



If I'm taking a picture and there's something white in the background or an object is on a white surface like in this example, I go into Instavogue (similar to Facetune..and it's free!) and I hit the "Instavogue" button and then press "Whiten" to fix the color.

 I like to take my photos on my phone and the camera sometimes makes things that are white look kind of yellow-y or washed out. I use the whiten tool to fix this.


I either use filters from the VSCOcam app or just the Instagram app itself because those filters are my favorite. For this particular photo, I didn't use a filter, I just used the photo edit tools on Instagram.


I turn up the brightness a bit.


I add a little contrast. 

And then lastly, I make the picture a little warmer because I like the colors to be more vibrant. That's kind of the new aesthetic I'm going for.

That's pretty much it :) There's a whole different way that I edit blog photos, so if you'd like to see a post on that, let me know!

I'm trying to get better at posting on Instagram, so if you want to see if I live up to that July goals promise, follow me on Instagram at @cristina96x Also, I'm doing a very fun giveaway at 1000 followers, so stick around for that. 

Tag me in your photos if you happen to try out these apps and have an amazing rest of the week and weekend. 

X,

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment