April 7, 2015

Summer State of Mind

All I've been thinking about recently is how much I want it to be summer. ...I don't think I'm the only one. 

I, like most of the student population, am having spring break withdrawals. The beach is my favorite place on earth, and I miss the sand, sun, and no worries aspect. You know?

When I was getting ready to leave Florida, I thought, "Ok, I only have one month left of school. I can make it worth while." My first thought was to bring some seashells home or maybe a jar of sand. This wasn't a very conventional idea, so I thought I little harder. What can I have in Arkansas that will make it feel like summer?

I went to the grocery store the night I got back to campus and picked up the Garnier Fructis Deconstructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray. (Sorry for the mouthful.) It was on sale, so I took that as a sign and didn't stand there a while looking at all the others. I've used it all week and I love it. I'm not the best at makeup and hair, so I did a Youtube search on how to use it. It's pretty self explanatory, but I like this tutorial Garnier Fructis posted.

(#notsponsored...heehee I just really like this spray)

You can put it in your hair and let it air dry, or you can use your blow dryer if you have to run to class.

Textured, beachy waves are my way of bringing summer to my school life.




Since my camera is broken, here are some selfies with my spray....................

Here's some other tips for a summer state of mind:

*buy new soaps, lotions and body sprays, and switch to a summer scent. I picked up an almond and honey milk wash from Ross when I was home and it reminds me of all the raw bars I would eat on beach days.

*eat some seasonal treats - strawberries, mangos (if you follow me on social media, you know I'm obsessed), kiwi, etc.!

*sit outside to study and get some vitamin D

*make a summer playlist

Three songs from mine are:
-Jump in by Frou Frou
-Jackie and Wilson by Hozier
-Victor by Prinze George


Good luck this last month or so of school!

X,

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment