There you are, minding your own business while helping yourself to yet another helping of mashed potatoes when someone decides it would be a "splendid" idea to go around the table and have everyone say what they're thankful for.
Umm, don't get me wrong, I'm one mega-thankful gal, but showing real life emotion in front of a table full of people is scarier than running out of pumpkin pie.
For this month's #galpalholiday linkup, I'm provided a list of 20 things to be thankful for, so you don't get stumped this Turkey day. Some of these are heavily sarcastic and some are heartfelt, but I'll let you decide...
1. Well I'm like really thankful we have all this food, because - YUM. Do you think anyone will notice if I stand on my chair to get an Instagram pic?
2. Also REALLY thankful for this chunky sweater dress because it's doing a magnificent job of hiding my food baby...bless.
3. Thankful for all my family here today!!
4. Thankful that no one has asked me about school or my post-grad plans yet.
*your uncle pipes up from across the table with "so, how's school?!" and you're...
5. Thankful that my mouth is full of food so all I have to do is nod my head and give a thumbs up.
6. Thankful for Thanksgiving break - especially because it involves my two favorite things: family and free food.
7. Thankful that I have a roof over my head and that my house is filled with love.
8. Thankful that I have great friends as company during the holiday season.
9. (a.k.a. Thankful to have someone who will watch childhood Christmas movies with me and not think it's weird)
10. Thankful for Black Friday and Cyber Monday because it makes me feel united with all the other Americans who have a shopping addiction and a burning desire to pull an all nighter at Target.
11. Can I be thankful for social media? Is that shallow? I just don't know where else I can watch videos of puppies in the snow AND a holiday version of Drake's "Hotline Bling" music video.
12. Thankful for puppies. And Drake memes.
13. Thankful for the gift of education and being able to better myself while learning in a prestigious environment.
14. Thankful for at least one week where I'm not stressing about any tests or assignments!!!! CAN I GET AN AMEN?!
15. Thankful for my health and the health of those I love.
16. Thankful for this Christmas cookie-scented hand sanitizer that's keeping flu season jingle-all-the-far-away-from-me!!
17. Thankful for whoever's idea it ways to get not one, not two, but THREE pies. I made myself a sample platter and it's delicious.
18. Thankful for technology so I can watch the snapchat story of the dog show while waiting on dinner.
19. Thankful for everyone posting pics of their food on Instagram because we need more positive images in this world and what's more uplifting than a heaping platter of carbs?
20. Thankful for this link-up. Add your links at the widget below and be sure to check out all the posts for this #galpalholiday 'Give Thanks and Get Stuffed'!
Hope you enjoyed a little chuckle. Happy Thanksgiving!