November 28, 2014

Go-to Holiday Color+Combo

For the past couple months, I've been all about the deep colors of fall: burgundy, dark "is that black?" purple, and smoky navy. Holiday cheer can be shown in so many ways - I move onto "merry and bright" colors after Thanksgiving. 

My go-to is pink and red. 

Red is the color of Christmas - red lips, red santa hats here and there, and lots of red on candy canes.

Pink reminds me of snow for some reason. I guess it's the light hue and the cheery feel of it. When I think of holiday pink I think of the costumes at the Nutcracker, pink fuzzy socks by the fire, and the gumdrops on a gingerbread house. 

There are so many different ways to dress and accessorize with these colors. Here's just a few of my favorites -



I got a mani/pedi with my family today - OPI's "Tickle me France-y" on my fingers and "Red Hot" on my toes. The spa we went to was decked out for Christmas in one of my favorite colors - very Eloise at Christmastime.





Charming Charlie's "Perfect Pastels" and "Find Your Perfect Red" collections hit their floor just in time for the holiday season. 




Bebe's "Winter in Wonderland" collection is perfect for holiday parties - I may just have to throw one so I can shop it! 



One of my favorite things about winter is cozy pajama sets. Mix red and pink here or add a pattern - perfect for opening gifts on Christmas morning or viewing your favorite holiday flick.



Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!



X,

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment