November 18, 2014

Sweater Weather: Glam Edition

There is no greater feeling than pulling up the weather on your phone in the morning and seeing that it is a lovely 12 degrees. Lord bless my Texas heart.

(Cristina on Campus is an outfit repeater... definitely wore the same thing from last week! Did my hair in a top knot today though, so hey - there's that!)










I don't have a choice - I had to wear my big marshmallow sweater today. My mission? Look more like a glamorous winter belle instead of the kid from the Christmas Story.

I bought this warm and cozy sweater off-season at Loft. I purposely got it in a large, so I could wear it with leggings, over a button down, or even to throw over another outfit for some insulation.

I knew I was making a good decision when I bought my bejeweled J-Crew inspired necklace from Target a couple months ago. Jewel tones are perfect for fall and winter this year if you want to try something other than gold. It really brought some color to this outfit.

The scarf was also a must - I needed all the warmth I could get! By wearing it in a single style fashion, it doesn't add too much heaviness to the look. The pop of color once again worked wonders. The scarf is from Charming Charlie - go check out what they have on sale.

Lastly, I am loving my trench coat this season. For the past couple years, trenches have been less in style with the introduction of puffer vests and peacoats, but I'm glad I held on to this dime from Delia's. So warm and so glam.


Stay warm, drink plenty of peppermint mochas, and blast your Christmas music this week. 

X,

Cristina

1 comment: