January 27, 2015

Healthy Eating on Campus!

Before we talk about one of my favorite subjects (a.k.a food)...

Disclaimer: I cannot take credit for all of these tips. I am passing on some of what I've learned from my favorite fitness and beauty gurus. I will link their blogs/videos at the end of the post, so you can check them out, too!

Please note: I am not a nutrition major/professional body builder/dietician. Also, I don't diet, I just try to eat clean, nutritious foods to take care of my body.


 Breelovesbeauty has taught me so much. I adore her videos and actually prefer them to Netflix nowadays. She taught me that if you want to try to get better at drinking more water, try having an 8oz glass every hour on the hour. I have a big plastic cup I got from Wal-Mart for 60 cents that I use. Also, drink water the second you wake up to get your metabolism moving and re-hydrate (about 20-30 ounces). She has so many more tips and recipes on her channel - I apologize in advanced for getting you obsessed!



Amanda from A. Nicole Style is basically my health coach/holy grail for fitness and food questions. She texted me pictures and explained the prep for this yummy breakfast food. I make this egg-white breakfast wrap 4 times a week! It takes less than 5 minutes to make and is so much better for me to have than sugary cereal. I buy chia seed wraps from the natural foods market nearby. They are 60 calories, low in carbs, and taste the same as a tortilla. I prefer to add spinach and a little bit of salsa as Amanda recommended (I don't really eat dairy), but you could add avocado, peppers, or some sweet potato hash browns. 



Grapefruits were something I hadn't ever tried, but felt I needed to after seeing both Breelovesbeauty and Sophia Lippold rave about them on their channels. Grapefruit provides natural energy making it a great pre-workout snack or something to munch on while studying. I cover them in Stevia - no shame, it's all natural! 




Speaking of Stevia, I have switched to it for all of my sweet needs. Zero calorie sweeteners may not add any points to your Weight Watchers or calories to your counter, but they are filled with chemicals. Yes, it is more expensive than a pack of Splenda, but it will last you forever, so this cost conscious girl says it's a must-have. 



I know not everyone loves tuna like I do, but I need the protein in my diet, so these little cups are the best. To fill the void in my potato chip loving heart, I enjoy, in moderation, these Kashi Hummus Chips (4 grams of protein!) with my tuna. 


I have a dangerous sweet tooth, so these acai dark chocolate bites are to die for. Yes it's still chocolate and sugar, but when I just have a few, my dessert stomach is satisfied. 

To sum up this array of tips... 1. drink water, 2. eat lots of veggies, 3. and get some fresh air! 

X,


Cristina 


Check out my inspirations: 
follow @gotttiiii on Twitter and Insta 
click here to visit Cambria Joy's youtube channel!
click here to learn more about ways to live healthy in a dorm room from Sophia Lippold
If you don't know what to do at the gym, try workouts from Tone It Up and Blogilates


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, thank you for sharing! I am trying to eat better, as well :) I love Brookside snacks!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete