January 18, 2015

Liebster Award

I am so honored to have been nominated for the Leibster Award by Miss Sami Mast at The Classic Brunette.

Like she said in her acceptance post (go check out her blog by clicking the link above), I never thought that by starting this blog I would connect to so many and build amazing relationships. The girls I have met are nothing short of inspirational and I look forward to all things to come.

That being said I will now answer my questions to complete my acceptance.

1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?

My friend Sadie and I were jokingly throwing around ideas one night not thinking that something would become of it. I noticed that all the bloggers I followed had names that represented the overall theme of their blog. I thought "Well, I'm in college and I would want to write about fashion..." so Cristina on Campus just kind of popped in my head!

2. What made you decide to start your blog?

For all of high school, I really pushed myself to be something I wasn't and tried to get away from embracing who I truly was. I had thought of starting a fashion blog before, but the thought of possibly getting looked down on got the best of me. It wasn't until after I graduated high school and had accomplished some other big stepping stones that I realized I needed to do something for myself and build confidence. I remember typing up my first post and telling myself, "It's ok if only my grandma reads this". Like I said, I didn't realize the joy it would bring to my life. I couldn't be happier with the leap of faith I took. Do what makes you happy, love as hard as you can, and don't be afraid!

3. What is your favorite food?

I feel like this one is always changing. Ravioli has been a favorite since I was little. I guess if I could choose coffee, I would definitely do so.

4. Where is your favorite place to shop?

Ok I definitely cannot pick just one. I'd have to say the little boutiques that just kind of pop up in my life are my favorite places. Everything feels so one-of-a-kind and I always find something I like. For workout wear I love Forever 21's line, and I like to get my accessories from Charming Charlie. Oh and I'm obsessed with Target.

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

I am the strangest human being ever and I am not a huge fan of traveling. I'm such a homebody, it's insane. I guess I'd really just love to go to New York City again (I've been there once with my dance studio). I've never been to California and I think taking a trip around different cities there and hitting the beach would be so fun.

6. What's your favorite pastime other than blogging?

Watching YouTube beauty vlogs while working out.

7. What's your favorite post you've written and why?

My very first post will always be my favorite. It's a true milestone and turning point in my life that I now have forever to look back on and cherish.

8. A long lost relative gives you a large sum of money, what do you do with it?

I would put most of it in the bank seeing as college is pretty expensive! Then I would use some to go on a vacation with my sisters. Preferably somewhere warm with lots of shopping :)

9. What is your all time favorite movie?

Wild Child. It has terrible reviews and mediocre acting, but it's my favorite. Emma Roberts' character is my spirit animal.

10. Where do you see your blog going in the next year?

I am seeing more photography in my future! With my new camera, I just want to take pictures of everything!

11. Where does your blog inspiration come from?

It was other blogs that gave me the courage and drive to start my own. As for everything after that, I am inspired by everything around me - people, places, and things. When I walk around a store and see something that I like, my mind automatically goes full on blog mode and I start dreaming up ideas centered around this one item. Sometimes, a conversation with a good friend brings me inspiration. The littlest things in life can bring the greatest sense of fulfillment if you let them.

Ta da! And now I nominate Rachel of Seashells and Sparkles, Alexandria Eisenhardt aka The College Lifestylist, Amanda Gott at a.nicole style, and the lovely Seersucker Sass

To accept your award you must:
Answer all 11 questions given to you, comment on this post with a link to your answers so I can read them, and in your post be sure to link back to the person that nominated you, & nominate up to 10 other bloggers for the award!



X,

Cristina

1 comment: