I was inspired to write this post by a birthday card I received in the mail. My great aunt sends me a beautiful (and often times sparkly) card every year. Thinking about "happy moments" as I put this on my shelf made me think of all the little things I try to do within a day to lift my spirits. I thought I'd share with ya'll today, so you, too, can find your own little happy moments to motivate you throughout your school days and work weeks.
1. I tend to gravitate towards the bright nail polishes and use them often as a mood booster. My favorite brand is no secret. The three Essie bottles here are Fashion Playground, Enuf is Enuf, and Sittin Pretty (which I am wearing now).
2. I got this Clinging Cross a couple years ago. I've linked it here so you can shop it and read more into what it's all about. But basically, it's something to physically cling to as you pray, walk to class, wait in a doctors office, etc. just like how we cling to Christ daily as we seek His grace.
3. Here's a little peek at my bookshelf (gray, paint chipped galore, ancient...so glam right?) where I've found a home for my new print. I keep some good reads here to make me laugh like "Nice is Just A Place in France" and "Psychos". I also have some Friends DVDS.
4. I am a tea person, for sure. Tazo is my current favorite (at Target they are 2 for $6). I have many different kinds, but I religiously drink the Zen green tea in the morning to wake me up and boost my metabolism and the Refresh Mint at night to soothe and calm me while also fighting off any sniffles.
5. I journal and do a daily devotional. The blue journal pictured here I've kept since my sophomore year of high school. I tend to write down little thoughts or things that are making me frown or even making me smile. The floral print is my food and exercise journal. I write down what I eat and what I do for a workout each day just for a health reference. The middle book is my daily devotional, "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I'm only about a week in, but I love the message. The back of the book has 1000 blanks for me to write three things I'm thankful for each day. Talk about a spiritual boost.
I'm always up to trying something new to brighten up my day. Where do you find some of your happy moments?