February 16, 2015

Winter Favorites

The groundhog may have said "6 more weeks of winter", but I plan to start looking in the direction of warmer weather and sandals. As I begin to break in some new pieces for spring in the realms of beauty and fashion, I want to acknowledge my winter favorites. Despite the initial culture shock, I had fun experiencing temperatures below 40 and even seeing a bit of snow on campus.

1. Winter whites

I don't know who's  in charge of these fashion rules, but I am so glad white was ruled a "do" for this season. I loved my white cable knit and wearing my white beanie- definitely something I want to stick for next year. 

2. TRESemme Climate Control shampoo and conditioner

I noticed my hair started misbehaving when the temperature started dropping, so I switched up my hair care routine and bought these babies. I was left with soft and manageable hair. These will also be great for the summer humidity.

3. Minimal accessories

I love brightly-colored bib necklaces to pair with my summer dresses and I can never seem to stop buying anything large and sparkly. In winter, I need something that will look good with an oversized peacoat and chunky scarves. I found that simple rings and long necklaces worked best, and Forever 21 had my back.

4. Booties

I decided I preferred booties to riding boots this year. My 5'2 frame works better with added height and a smoother silhouette. After falling in love with these from Versona, I frequently checked their stock and they always had adorable pairs for such a great price - I'll be back for more! 

5. Urban Decay's shadow "sin"
This shadow became my go-to. It was pigmented enough to show up on skin tones a bit paler due to the winter season and brought a great amount of color to amp up a look. 


It's funny how I typed this during a snow day at school! It's been real, but I'm ready for tanning and smoothies...


X,


Cristina 

No comments:

Post a Comment