October 29, 2014

College Couples: Fall Smiles

Every year before our anniversary, Cameron and I have a little photoshoot.

The past 3 years, we have taken pictures right outside our neighborhoods with my sister, Caroline, as our photographer. We have had so much fun each time, and the pictures have turned out gorgeous.

This year, now that we are in Arkansas, we are taking pictures at the iconic building of our university - Old Main. It's such an amazing location on account of the hundreds of gorgeous trees (whose leaves are changing beautifully!) and the old-timey architecture. And of course, the lovely Allie in Arkansas will work her photography magic!

So, I thought I'd share how to pick your outfit colors and styles for a fall photo shoot.


The first year, I did a neutral stripe. I always like keep things comfy and casual, and I would encourage you to do the same for a session like this. It's easier to pose for more shots this way. If you wear stripes this fall, try dressing them up with a statement necklace or a colorful cardigan.



The next year, I chose a maroon top and some sweet gold accents. Maroon is one of my favorite colors for fall. It's flattering with my skin-tone and hair color and easy to dress up with some jewelry. Plus, anything I can wear with my tan riding boots are a fave.



Last year, we didn't get to have our photoshoot, but we snap a couple pictures on our anniversary. I mixed prints that year while sticking to a casual look: stripes with a cheetah scarf. Mixing prints is tricky, but find some inspiration and direction on Pinterest.



This year, I'm all about the navy. The full, pleated dress I found from Target's "Work Study" collection won my heart. (See it here!) I plan on doing a simple statement necklace and possibly a complementary colored cardigan.

I can't wait to share Cameron and I's pictures with you soon! I hope everyone is enjoying fall as much as I am. Have an amazing week!

X,

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment