July 15, 2015

At Home Workouts + Summer Fit Tips


It's definitely not too late to get in shape for summer. And you don't even need a gym membership to tone up and live a healthier lifestyle. 

Here are 5 (totally free, totally effective) at-home workout ideas for you to try this July:



1. Pinterest workouts

As I'm sure you know, Pinterest isn't just for wish lists and room decor. You can search "at home full body workouts" in the search bar and get tons of great results. All you need is a yoga mat or towel and you're ready to go. I've already pinned my favorite ones to my Pinterest

2.  Blogilates videos 

Fitness trainer, Cassey Ho, has formulated upbeat, Pilates-based workouts from her home to yours. I love to pick out 2 or 3 videos and get a good workout in. You can search through her videos on Youtube to find exactly what you're looking for. Lately, I'm loving the Swimsuit Slim Down Series. Try it! 


3. Netflix workouts
(image via Pinterest)

Ok - these are my favorites. Two summers ago, I was binge-watching Gossip Girl and I decided to create a workout to go along with the show. For example, every time Blair was shown in a new outfit, I did 10 pushups. You can make your own, or search for some online. I've found a couple and I pinned them here

4. Bodyweight plyo

No weight needed! Plyo exercises are great and so easy to do from home. Turn your backyard or living room into your gym for the day. You can get some ideas from this Pinterest board or just start messing around and see what works. 


5. Yoga


Yoga has countless benefits, but it's also one of the best workouts to do from home. If you're not sure how to get started, I recommend searching some videos on Youtube. Improving your flexibility and body strength will do wonders in your other workouts. Plus, I think it'd be pretty cool to eventually be able to Instagram some of those cool, bendy poses.







Exercising is only a portion of what it takes to be healthy, but it's definitely important for you to move your body. Try these quick tips this summer to start feeling energized and confident for the rest of your summer days:


1. Track your water consumption
(image via Pinterest) 

GOTCHA! You thought I wasn't going to mention water in one of my fitness posts....Nope! So yes, drink lots of water. Instead of just telling you to do so, I thought I'd show you how you can make sure you do so. Use a marker and label your water bottles like the picture above to make sure that you get enough.

2. Get up early - and do something to wake you up! 

I usually get up around 7, drink a large glass of water, eat some breakfast, and do a workout. This wakes me up and gets me ready for the day. For you, it may be a hot shower, a cup of coffee, yoga, etc. - whatever it is, do it. Be productive - get errands done and spend time with family and friends. 



3. Make a to-do list each day

Even if all it says is "wake up, eat, and watch Netflix" you'll still have that wonderful, accomplished feeling as you cross things off throughout the day. The dollar section at Target has the cutest to-do list pads right now. 

4. Eat your veggies the best way for a hot day

Smoothies and fresh juice are perfect for summer. Get your veggies in by blending or juicing them for a cool, refreshing pick-me-up. I follow this recipe for the perfect blend. 


5. Make healthy snacks

Healthy starts at the table. Create some yummy concoctions from your pantry and enjoy with friends, by the pool, or (since this seems to be a reoccurring theme) while watching Netflix! My friend and roomie Cole recently started a health and lifestyle blog, sunshineandsmoothies.weebly.com. She shares delicious recipes for healthy snacks and meals - check it out!



That's it for this post! If you find a great workout or a yummy recipe, send me a pin on Pinterest. 

Have a great week!

X,

Cristina

1 comment: