July 27, 2015

Goodbye Boring School Supplies

In my last back to school post, I shared how I get room decor at a low price. Today, I'll be showing you how to customize that decor plus any school supplies you buy to be ready for back to school or campus.

When I shop for desk or office supplies, I'm faced with a small dilemma. All the cute and colorful ones are so much more expensive than the standard version. There's adorable folders and clipboards that will cost me as much as if I bought five of the plain ones. 

To solve this problem, I went to the crafting aisle and bought a couple staples: washi tape and cute scrapbook paper.

So here I'm showing you the before and after shots of my desk supplies. Using washi tape, I made everything my own! Since I got the original pieces from affordable stores like Target and Ross, this project was so inexpensive. I plan to use the leftover washi tape (there's several meters left) to decorate my folders and notebooks when I get those.



I think these pencils are so fun. I just made different patterns with the tape and it only took about 10 minutes to do all of the pencils I bought.



This organizer (about $6 from Ross) is going on my dresser to organize my makeup palletes and brushes. It's not-so plain anymore and I love it!



This little bucket is from the dollar section at Target. I did a little geometric pattern on it, and I think it turned out nicely. Last year, I used the little bucket for my keys so I didn't lose them; I'll probably do the same this year. 



This is going to be an organizer for my desk. It can fit my iPad mini, a stapler, and whatever else my heart desires. I used the tape to make a little space for me to label it if I want to. (from Target)



I think this little guy (from Target) is going to be for the handful of lipsticks I own. I like to keep things organized, and I'm glad I could add a little color to this product.




You can use anything you want to decorate your school supplies. Yes, you can just buy some pens and a thing of notebook paper and walk into the lecture hall, but I think taking the time to personalize your things helps you to be motivated and even excited for back to school. I can't wait to be all moved in in my town house and put my creations of my desk! 

Have any cute school supplies you want to show off? Tag me in your pics on Instagram (@cristina96x) or mention me on Twitter (@cristina96x)



Also, I haven't mentioned it on the blog before, but I do have a snapchat if you want to see some behind the scenes or various pictures of food. I'm "cristina_m24"!

Just 3 more weeks till I'm back on campus!

X,

Cristina

3 comments:

  1. i adore these ideas!! They add a pop of color that matches your room decor perfectly! :)

    Affordable by Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amanda! I just love bright colors in a workspace :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for giving such a valuable and helpful information.
    We are grateful for your dedication about this helpful post.thanks for explain this post with taking your important time.

    ReplyDelete