July 16, 2014

Dress Up Your Tee!

My sweet boyfriend lent me his super soft Izod tee this past week.

Now, Cam is 5'10 & I'm barely 5'3 so the shirt comes down to my knees! I couldn't help but want to wear it though... It's so comfy and a great summer color! 

Check out how I styled it!



<printed shorts from my "Sale Rack Savvy" post (Target)//leopard flats from Target (no longer available, but recently they've had these in nude & a light metallic gold)//necklace from Premiere Designs jewelry catalog//earrings from Francesca's (love all their accessories!)//purse is Steve Madden but a bargain at Ross//sunglasses are borrowed from my sister... She got them from Steinmart//


Here's how to dress up any tee: 

Step 1. tuck it in
Skirts and shorts work best! Try something with a pattern if your shirt is solid.

Step 2. accessorize
I like to use long necklaces so that the focus is still on the shirt, but you have some bling along with it. Choose a color to complement your bottoms if they have a print, or try to match your purse or shoes. This really brings an outfit together.

Step 3. finishing touches
Whatever look you're going for - girly, preppy, rugged, modern, punk - pull pieces to fit that! I wanted to really bring a girly feel to this guy t-shirt so I added some cheetah print flats and big sunglasses. I also had a big pink tote bag, so if that doesn't make this girly, I don't know what does!

Try this easy and comfy look this summer!

X,
Cristina

P.S. check me out today on sadiedownsouth.blogspot.com for her Who's That? segment...thanks ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment