July 15, 2014

Summer Makeup Routine

Hey ya'll!

So I decided to take step-by-step pictures of my summer makeup routine. For summer, I want to wear lightweight makeup and I want the look I pick to be really bright yet natural - sort of like a summer glow! Another bonus, this look only takes about 10-15 minutes, so you can sleep in before you head out for the day! Take a look:

Step 1. Apply concealer to problem areas & dark spots.
             I like Maybelline's coverstick because it blends nicely & is easy to pin point where you
             want to apply it.
Step 2. Apply BB Cream foundation
            This is my favorite beauty product this summer! BB Cream is a skin corrector, tinted
            moisturizer, and foundation all in one! Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream is the one I use -  
            it is so light and natural looking on your skin!
Step 3. Lightly apply a loose-pressed powder
            You don't want to leave the BB Cream on by itself because you want a smooth finish that will
            stay all day long. I recommend Loreal's True Match super blendable powder. 
Step 4. Time to contour! Add bronzer.
            Trick to applying your bronzer: make a 3! Swipe it lightly along your upper brow line, down 
             to below the apples of your cheeks, and then lightly along your jawline - see, it makes a "3" 
             figure! Also apply to your "T zone".
Step 5. Blush
            Apply to the apples of your cheeks. Here's another trick: do it without smiling. This helps you  
            place it truly where it needs to be. My mother is a Mary Kay rep, so I use their blush in the
            shade "citrus bloom".
(I started laughing.... let's face it, that's all I ever do!)
Step 6. Eyebrows!
            I don't like to fill in my eyebrows with a pencil or cream because mine are already very dark 
            and thick. Elf has this amazing eyebrow gel (got mine at Target) that you can use to shape  
            your brows & it holds throughout the day!
(Bonus: this product also comes with a double side for your eyelashes!)
Step 7. Mascara
            Covergirl mascaras are by far my favorite. Whatever you're looking for - volume, strength,   
            length - they've got it! And in waterproof, too! I'm using their "lashblast length" mascara 
            (in black) to give me a wide-eyed-so-excited-it's-summer look!
Step 8. Eyeshadow
            My beloved Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood palette is about the only thing I didn't buy at a 
            drugstore, but it was worth the splurge! I love the shimmery neutrals, but the glitter doesn't 
            run down your face when applying it! I use the brightest color for my inner eyelid and right  
            above my lash line to highlight my eyes.
Step 9. Lip color!
            I like a berry lip for summer. NYC city lips (once again... got it at Target!) has a gorgeous
            color called "South Ferry Berry".
Step 10. Add a hint of shine and SPF to your lips!
              You don't want chapped lips. Look for a lip balm or gloss that you can wear over your lip
              color that has sunscreen in it. I love Loreal's Colour Riche Balm in "caring coral". 
Step 11. Smile...and have a great summer! 

X, 
Cristina

P.S. What I wore for this post: <t-shirt//Lauren James "Mint Julep Tee">, <robe//Xhiliration Robe in mint from Target>















No comments:

Post a Comment