August 4, 2014

"Stressed" Spelled Backwards is "Desserts"

With all the preparations for my college move in, my stress level has been about a 5-8 these past few days.

I figure I'm not the only one. No matter where you're headed next year, getting all your ducks in a row for that first day is tiresome. So, I'm sharing with you my 5 easy steps to de-stress.

1. Walk it out

-Sometimes just getting some fresh air can really make you feel better. Here are my favorite songs to walk/jog to at the moment:

1. All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
2. Paper Planes - MIA
3. Take it Back - Ed Sheeran
4. Countdown - Beyonce
5. Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj

2. Guilt-free comfort food

-I head straight for the tub of Ben and Jerry's when I get anxious, but I've discovered a couple desserts that are just as yummy but for way less the fatty bad stuff.

These Jello Mousse Temptations are so yum - and only 60 calories!

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches are heaven sent.

Diet Coke isn't super healthy, but it's still better than that tub of Ben and Jerry's I've been eyeing. Try squeezing a little lime in it - it's super refreshing.


3. Give yourself a manicure



-Ya'll already know which nail polish brand I'm gonna tell you to use. Yup, you guessed it - essie. Studies show that different colors affect your mood. I know that red is a power color, so when I'm starting to lag behind on my to-dos, I put on essie's "e-nuf is e-nuf". Also, turning on your favorite Netflix addiction while you paint is an extra added bonus.

4. Stop and smell the...stress relief.



-My favorite product from Bath and Body Works is their Stress Relief lotion. They have a lot in the Aeromatherapy line for stress relief if you'd like to check it out. This combination of eucalyptus and tangerine is an amazing soothing scent. No matter what my stress level, I put this on every night.

5. Laugh often



-Taking my mind of stress is the easiest fix, and the best way to do that is by watching something funny. I'm sure ya'll are familiar with Vine. I love to scroll through and get a good laugh. Also, looking through the funny quotes category on Pinterest gets me smiling from ear to ear no matter what kind of day I had. Try it.


Remember, don't sweat the small stuff. This is an exciting time; even if it means summer is coming to an end. Take baby steps, deep breaths, and enjoy the ride.

X,
Cristina

P.S. Don't forget to enter me and Sadie Down South's giveaway! Only 1 day left to enter! details on my Instagram (@cristina96x)

No comments:

Post a Comment