August 5, 2014

Get Your Closet Ready for Fall

This transition time is always so hard for me. I'm not just talking about going from sleeping in to setting an alarm for school - going from summer clothes to fall clothes can be tricky in terms of color and style changes.

I love big sweaters, skinny jeans, and cute riding boots, but what I'll miss most with the return of fall is the bright colors of summer.

So here is my #ootd - a casual look as I begin to add some fall colors into the mix. (while still keeping the look bright...after all, we still have about a month left of southern heat)

What I'm loving about this look:



This washed out-emeral color (the pictures have made it look blue...my photographer is absent today, so sorry for the selfies) is going to be hot this fall. Right now, Gap is having a sale on all their tshirts from spaghetti straps to long sleeves.



It is still warm enough to wear my JCrew Chino shorts. Since fall is fast approaching, JCrew has their shorts on sale NOW!



You can go guiltless accessory shopping at your nearest Francescas or Charming Charlies (those are my favs!) and get gold jewelry because it will go with your wardrobe all year long!



Another staple item to wear year round, neutral flats! Target is the place to go!




Don't cry over the end of summer (it'll ruin your makeup!) - have fun back to school shopping and make sure you look out for items like the ones I've mentioned.

X,
Cristina


No comments:

Post a Comment